If you have received your UnlockMySIM (UMS) card and it doesn't work, please perform the following checks:
1) Try inserting the UMS Sticker and your SIM card together in the device's SIM tray with the iPhone turned off. Retype the current ICCID which you will always have available in our Support Section.
2) If possible, try the UMS in another locked iPhone to rule out a potential manufacturing defect.
3) Make sure that you have disabled the FMI (FindMyiPhone) option before setting up your device with the UMS.
4) Check to see if the error you are receiving is in the table below:
|When I insert my network's SIM card I get the following message: “SIM not supported” or "SIM not valid"||
Option A) Restart your iPhone with the UMS inserted in the device's SIM tray. Then retype the ICCID you received.
Option B) You will need to go through the entire set up from "Welcome to iPhone / Get Started" with the UnlockMySIM card inserted in the SIM tray. This means you will have to reset your iPhone to factory settings and erase all content. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Backup your iPhone.
2. Tap Settings, then General. Scroll down to Reset.
3. Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
4. The reset process can take a minute or two, after which you'll see the welcome screen asking you to swipe to continue. Select manual Configuration, not the quick start/configuration.
Now unlock your iPhone using the UnlockMySIM card by following our step-by-step instructions: https://www.doctorsim.com/ums
|The message I am getting is “No Service”||
Make sure your iPhone is free of additional security measures such as the iCloud Activation Lock, Find My Phone and hasn't been blacklisted by the original operator due to loss, theft or non-payment. These restrictions can only be removed by the owner of the iPhone or Apple.
|“Waiting for Activation” is the message on the screen||
If you still cannot get the UMS card to work after performing these checks, contact us for assistance using the Online Help button.
If you purchased a UMS v1 Sticker prior to December 25. 2018, please get in touch with us so we can assist you.