With the IMEI unlocking, your iPhone network is unlocked on Apple's server, for all network carriers, and worldwide.
Pros of unlocking by IMEI:
- It’s a very straight forward unlock
- It’s permanent
- It’s the one recommended by manufacturers
Cons of unlocking by IMEI:
- It can be more expensive
- Unlocking time depends on the network carrier and sometimes it can take a while
Unlocking with UnlockMySIM is based on reconfiguring your iPhone so that you can use it with any network carrier, anywhere. UnlockMySIM is a chip that contains software that allows you to access a section of your iPhone's settings that cannot be accessed without this unlock card.
Pros of UnlockMySIM:
- It’s valid for any iPhone from any network carrier
- It’s the best alternative when unlocking by IMEI is not possible, also recommended by the manufacturers in these cases
- It’s a very straight forward and secure method
- It’s cheaper
- It's fast: you order your UnlockMySIM and, as soon as you receive it, you can unlock your iPhone in a few minutes and with total guarantee. Check delivery times here.
Cons of UnlockMySIM:
- Unlocking is only permanent if the iOS version is not upgraded, although you can unlock your iPhone again without purchasing another UnlockMySIM card by inserting it into the device after you have downgraded it to a supported iOS version. Please contact us before upgrading iOS or restoring your iPhone to make sure your unlock still works. We will be happy to help you. 🤗