Have you tried to, or want to, unlock your LG with doctorSIM but are having problems?
Unlocking your LG via IMEI is the fastest, easiest and safest way to be able to use your phone on any network, save on your monthly bill and increase its resale value.
However, occasionally questions arise during the unlocking process. Below we have listed the most common ones and what to do in each case:
1. - The hidden menu doesn’t appear.
2. - My LG is locked to T-Mobile or MetroPCS and I cannot access the unlock menu.
3. - I get the following message on the unlock menu: Your phone is not personalized or this phone is permanently locked and cannot be unlocked.
4. - The phone accepts the unlock code but has no coverage with the new SIM card inserted.
5. - My LG will not connect to the internet.
6. - Under Network Lock/Service Provider Lock, I get an error message when I type the unlock code.
7. - I'm not sure if I selected the correct original operator of my LG.
If you are still unable to unlock your phone, please reply to the email we sent you with the unlocking instructions for further assistance.
1. The hidden menu doesn’t appear.
Below are 5 different methods explaining how to access your LG’s hidden menu:
1.1. Type 2945#*model# without a SIM card inserted or with the SIM card of the network provider to which the phone is locked. You can find the model of your device on the sticker under the battery or under Settings.
For example: If you have an LG 714 type 2945#*714#
1.2. Type 2945#*71001# on your phone.
1.3. Install the 'LauncherPro' application from Google Play:
- Once installed, press your LG’s Home and Start buttons and then select ‘LauncherPro’ on the window that appears.
- Now, press any empty space on the home screen and don’t let go until a new window opens. Select Direct Access.
- Press 'Activities' and then wait for a few seconds.
- Scroll down the list of options and select 'com.lge.hiddenpersomenu'.
- Type the name the system prompts you for to gain direct access.
- To access the hidden menu, press the direct access you’ve just created.
- Select ‘Network Lock’. Here you can unlock your LG.
1.4. Go to Settings->Security->Sim card lock. Type in the unlock code and press OK.
1.5. Insert a SIM card from a network provider different to the one the phone is locked to and check it prompts for the network unlock code without the need to access a hidden menu.
2. My LG is locked to T-Mobile or MetroPCS and I cannot access the unlock menu.
Check if you have the application "Device Unlock" installed on the phone.
If so, you must make your request using our Device Unlock App Service by clicking on the link below and selecting either T-Mobile or MetroPCS:
3. I get the following message on the unlock menu: Your phone is not personalized or this phone is permanently locked and cannot be unlocked.
If your phone displays either of the messages above, it usually means the unlock process has been completed successfully. Check this by inserting a SIM card from a network provider different to the one the LG was originally locked to. If the phone is not unlocked, contact customer support by responding to the unlock instructions e-mail.
4. The phone accepts the unlock code but has no coverage with the new SIM card inserted.
If the phone doesn’t prompt for the network unlock code again it means the phone is unlocked.
Press the Settings icon on your LG, find Network operators and then select the Automatic option. If the phone doesn’t register on the network, change to Manual and select the network you want to connect to directly.
If the phone still won’t connect to the network, there are 3 possible reasons:
- The SIM card inserted doesn’t work with the phone you want to unlock or has not been activated for that network. To rule out either possibility, insert a different SIM card.
- Hardware failure. We recommend contacting LG’s technical support team for assistance as there could be an issue with the SIM card reader, the phone’s antenna or something else.
- The LG’s IMEI number has been blacklisted due to loss, theft or unpaid bill by the original operator. To check if your LG is Blacklisted click on the link below:
Blacklists are updated regularly, however it is possible that very recent changes are not included in the report you receive. If your LG is blocked, you must contact the original operator to confirm if the IMEI number has been reported due to loss, theft or unpaid bill.
5. My LG will not connect to the internet.
To connect your LG to the internet, you have to configure the phone for your new network provider. We show you how to do this here:
If you still cannot connect to the internet after the configuration, contact your network provider’s customer support team to check that internet service has been activated on your phone.
6. Under Network Lock/Service Provider Lock, I get an error message when I type the unlock code.
Check which section has the lock activated (set to Active):
- Network Lock
- Service Provider Lock
- Network Subset Lock
- Corporate Lock
- SIM Lock
If the lock is not activated for the first option, confirm to us which one is activated.
Reply to the e-mail we sent you with the unlock instructions with the following information:
- A photograph or screenshot displaying the IMEI number of the phone (type *#06# on the keypad).
Also check that your LG hasn’t been rooted or modified at some point in the past. If your phone’s software has been modified, we recommend restoring the phone to factory settings so it responds correctly to the unlock instructions.
7. I'm not sure if I selected the correct original operator of my LG.
To successfully unlock your LG cell phone via IMEI it is necessary to indicate the correct network provider. If you think you may have selected the wrong network, verify this information by using our LG Original Operator Check.
Regrettably, we are unable to issue you a refund if any of the information provided in the request form is incorrect and which prevents the phone from unlocking successfully.
Select either "Original Country Unknown" or "Network Operator Unknown or Not in List" if you prefer not to use our IMEI phone check and are unsure to which network your LG is locked.
NOTE: If we did not answer your questions or you have a different problem unlocking your LG, reply to the instructions e-mail we sent you including the message history with a detailed explanation of the problem you are having. In this way, we will be able to locate your request and assist you much quicker.
If you didn’t make your request through doctorSIM, we recommend you click here to request an unlock code for your LG. It's the fastest, easiest and safest way of unlocking an LG.