So you feel safe and protected when shopping with us, we have summarized our Terms and Conditions here to make things easier for you.
The methods used to unlock phones are in accordance with the IMEI unlock mechanisms implemented by phone manufacturers.
It is important to verify that the phone has not exceeded the maximum number of attempts allowed to unlock it and that it hasn’t been blocked by the network provider, reported lost or stolen.
Payment is processed when the request is made, but rest assured if your phone cannot be unlocked for a reason other than those mentioned above, we will refund your money immediately.
Delivery times vary depending on the device and network operator, but we always try to speed up every request. It is our top priority to do so, but sometimes these processes are delayed for reasons beyond doctorSIM's control. At present, the range of delivery times is from a few minutes to several business days.
If you have any questions, we recommend you get in touch with us before the making your request.
Mobile devices are unlocked via IMEI. These devices are unlocked by entering a code using the device’s keypad.
Requests are made and paid for at www.doctorSIM.com. Subsequently, doctorSIM will e-mail an unlock code with clear instructions to the customer.
doctorSIM acts as an intermediary between a number specialized unlocking service providers and the customer. Our goal is to offer a safe, professional unlocking service with an exceptional customer support for consumers worldwide.
Before you Begin
doctorSIM requires that customers carry out the following checks before placing an unlocking request:
- Make sure that the phone has not run out of unlocking attempts. Otherwise, the device will be hard locked, and it will not be possible to IMEI-unlock it.
- Make sure the phone is not blacklisted by the original carrier, as a result of a debt or reported theft. If the case, unlocking will not be possible.
- Make sure if the phone is already unlocked.
- Make sure that the phone prompts for the unlock code. Customers can check out the specifics of the model in the doctorSIM website, or contact our support centre before making the request.
- Make sure that the phone has always had original software. The unlock code is only guaranteed to work with the original manufacturer and carrier software. Customers must contact our support centre if they have any doubts regarding this aspect.
- Make sure that Apple iPhones aren't locked by iCloud passwords of 'Find my iPhone' protection. If the case, unlocking will not be possible. If the customer has forgotten the password or cannot log into the phone, we recommended contacting Apple or the original vendor.
- Be aware of all the necessary passwords or keys that the phone requires, such as PIN, PUK, unlock pattern, or Vodafone Protect key. Unlocking will not be possible if the customer doesn't know the access passwords. Refunds will not be issued as it is the user's responsibility to know this information. doctorSIM commits to help and solve any doubt or issue, once the customer recovers the lost password.
- In some cases, which will be properly detailed to the customer, a SIM card from a network provider other than the original will be necessary to complete the unlocking process.
If you cannot perform these checks, contact us at email@example.com before making your request.
In some cases, you might have to enter a SIM card from a non-accepted network provider to complete the unlocking process
Unlocking orders will be processed once the payment has been completed successfully. You will then receive an e-mail confirming your request. If you haven’t, please check your spam filter.
doctorSIM reserves the right to refuse processing requests at any time if there is any suspicion of illegal or fraudulent activities involved.
Average and Guaranteed Delivery Times
The "Average Delivery Time" is the average time it took to deliver the last 20 unlock codes for the selected phone.
The "Guaranteed Delivery Time" is the maximum time required to deliver your unlock code. Despite having an automated code delivery system, Guaranteed Delivery Times do not take into account weekends or holidays.
Average and Guaranteed Delivery Times may vary depending on the phone and network provider.
Delays are extremely rare but if they happen we will make every effort to determine the cause of the problem and find a solution. If this is not possible e-mail us and we will issue a refund.
Please keep in mind that some delays are caused by external suppliers and extraordinary circumstances.
doctorSIM will not be held responsible for delays caused by external suppliers, but will make every effort to deliver the unlock code with the utmost diligence, in the shortest time possible.
Business hours: Weekdays from 10:00 to 22:00 (CET+1, CET+2 during the summer).
Prices will be displayed in your local currency by default, however payments will be processed in euros. Please be aware there might be slight differences in website prices and bank charges due to currency conversion differences. Prices include all applicable taxes.
Unlock code prices may vary from one day to another. However, doctorSIM will guarantee the price displayed on the web at the time of checkout.
Cancelling your Request
Unlocking requests are processed automatically. Once the payment is processed you may cancel your request during the following 10 minutes. To cancel your request during those first 10 minutes, answer the confirmation e-mail or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the same e-mail account you used to make the request. After 10 minutes, the system will process your request automatically making cancellations and refunds no longer possible.
doctorSIM will issue a refund in the following cases:
1. The unlock code does not exist.
If the unlock code for your phone is not available and none of the cases detailed in section ii (subsections a, b, c and d) apply, doctorSIM will refund your money.
2. Incorrect unlock code and/or instructions.
Video proof will be required if the unlock code does not work. The client must send an uncut video dialing *#06# to display the IMEI on the phone and typing the unlock code provided by doctorSIM. The image must be sharp enough to show the keys, display screen texts clearly and should show the device at all times. The video helps doctorSIM detect errors during the unlocking process. In these cases, doctorSIM will contact the customer via e-mail to solve the problem. Otherwise, if the unlock code happens to be incorrect, doctorSIM will request a second code free of charge or issue a refund if none of the cases detailed in section ii (subsections a, b, c and d) apply (ii.)
doctorSIM will not issue refunds in the following cases:
1. Blacklisted, Reported or Blocked phones
These phones will remain inoperable despite any attempt to unlock them. If you have found or bought a phone from a stranger, make sure it has not been blacklisted/reported or blocked before requesting an unlock code. doctorSIM will not issue refunds for such phones.
2. No Remaining Unlocking Attempts
Some phones have limited unlocking attempts. Once these have been exhausted unlocking the phone via IMEI will not be possible unless the counter is reset. This reset is not always possible for some phones. We recommend our customers contact doctorSIM before exhausting unlocking attempts to find alternative solutions. doctorSIM will not issue refunds if the phone has exhausted its unlocking attempts but will try to solve the problem for the customer.
3. Free/Unlocked Devices
doctorSIM cannot check whether a phone is free or has been previously unlocked. We recommend performing this check before making a request since doctorSIM will not refund requests on free or previously unlocked phones.
4. Placing orders with wrong information
Requests with the wrong IMEI number, serial number, make, model, network provider or e-mail address will not be refunded. Please check the details of your request before checkout.
5. Software and/or hardware modifications
Any sort of modification to the original software and hardware settings of the phone that might interfere with the functioning of the unlock code and instructions supplied by doctorSIM.
Refunds will be processed within 2-3 business days.
doctorSIM will issue refunds either to the credit card, bank or PayPal account used in the purchase, or as doctorSIM credits. Depending on the user's bank conditions, refunds may take 48 to 72 business hours to be credited.
Refunds in credit will grant the user credits that can be used in future purchases at doctorSIM, therefore avoiding transfer and banking fees. Credits granted as a refund do not have an expiration date.
Bank transfer refunds may only be made to accounts held at institutions from Spain or Mexico. doctorSIM will not issue international transfers, since this payment method is only available in these two countries. If the customer wishes, and accepts the transfer fees, an account from a different country may be selected; however, doctorSIM will only be able to transfer the funds to an account in Spain or Mexico. doctorSIM recommends selecting a different payment method for international transactions: credit card, PayPal, DineroMail etc.
doctorSIM allows you to make payments using a variety of methods including:
- Credit card (VISA and MasterCard)
- Bank transfer
- doctorSIM credits
Online credit card payments are performed over SSL (Secure Socket Layer), which encodes and encrypts your credit card details
To avoid fraudulent activities doctorSIM may request additional information to ensure customer safety before processing a request.
doctorSIM offers customers a loyalty program in the form of doctorSIM credits.
Customers will be able to receive credits upon signing up, making a request, recommending services, and taking place in contests and promotions held by doctorSIM.
The program features are as follows:
- Credits are to be redeemed upon purchasing services from doctorSIM.
- Each credit is equivalent to 1 euro, or the corresponding exchange rate for other currencies.
- Credits may only be used to purchase services offered by doctorSIM.
- Purchases of doctorSIM services that are paid for partially or totally with credits will not be issued additional credits.
- Credits have a validity of three months after the date of issue.
- Credits that originate from refunds, also known as refund credits, WILL NOT EXPIRE.
doctorSIM withholds the right to single-handedly cancel any requests deemed to be using credits without respecting the program's conditions, and not restore the available credits to the user's account.
Best Price Guarantee
If you find a website with better prices within the first 24 hours of your purchase, doctorSIM will refund the difference in credits (1 credit = 1 euro).
- Prices must include additional taxes and fees involved in the transaction.
- Prices should be accessible to any user. Discounted prices and special offers will not be taken into account.
- Only full payments will be eligible for a refund.
The website must meet the following criteria:
- It must be backed by a real company, listed in an official registry.
- Comply with all legal and fiscal obligations in accordance with current regulations (including without limitation, Privacy, Data Protection Act and Taxes etc.).
- Issue invoices to its customers.
- Offer a comparable service, customer support, telephone service, payment methods, delivery times and issue unlocking codes with step-by-step instructions.
- The site must have been updated in the last 6 months.
To claim a refund, please e-mail us at email@example.com with the following details:
- Website URL.
- Screenshot of the checkout page displaying price, date and time.
- Company name and tax number.
- Your doctorSIM request ID.
doctorSIM acts as an intermediary between a number of specialised unlocking service providers and the customer. Our goal is to offer a safe, professional unlocking service with an exceptional customer support for consumers worldwide.
doctorSIM is not responsible for the methods or procedures used by unlock code suppliers. Should you have any concerns regarding this issue, please contact us for further clarification before making your request.
If you reside in the United States of America, it is your responsability to make sure your phone was manufactured before January 26, 2013. For more information please refer to latest legislation amendments made to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
doctorSIM is not aware of the customer’s legal obligations with his/her network provider and therefore cannot be held responsible for any contract breaches the customer may incur with his/her network provider as a result of unlocking a device.