It is possible that this service is currently deactivated. Please, check availability here by clicking on the following link:
If the service is not available at this time, a form will appear for you to leave your email so we can notify you as soon as it becomes active again.
Have you requested or do you want to unlock your Alcatel phone on doctorSIM and have doubts?
Unlocking your phone by IMEI is the fastest, easiest, and safest way to use your phone with any carrier, save on your bill, or sell it at a better price.
Sometimes questions arise during the process. Check if your question is among those we have compiled, we explain what to do in each of them.
- It does not request the unlocking code
- The unlocking code gives me an error
- Where is and what is the Provider ID number?
- My Alcatel is from the company T-Mobile or Metro PCS and does not ask me for the unlocking code
- My Alcatel does not connect to the Internet
- The phone has accepted the code but does not detect the coverage of the new SIM card inserted
- The phone shows the message “Network unlock code” for a few seconds and disappears from the screen
If you cannot resolve your doubts or have any different issue in the process of unlocking an Alcatel phone, reply to the email with the instructions we sent you without deleting the content and tell us what problem you are having. This way we can locate your order sooner and assist you more quickly.
1. It does not request the unlocking code
Check that the device recognizes the SIM you are inserting
Please check if the phone requests the SIM card PIN code. This code is a security element that the phone usually requests by default (in case you have this security system activated on your SIM).
If it does not ask you for this security code, it means that the phone is not detecting the SIM card inserted, which is why it does not request the network unlock code either.
Check that the inserted SIM card is placed correctly in the card reader. If it continues to fail, we suggest you insert a different SIM card to rule out a malfunction of this one.
Perform the unlock without inserting a SIM card
Complete your unlocking by following these steps:
- Turn on the terminal without any SIM card.
- Dial * #0000#UNLOCK_CODE#
- If the previous sequence does not work, dial * #0001#UNLOCK_CODE#
- If the previous sequence does not work, dial ###765*08#UNLOCK_CODE#
2. The unlocking code gives me an error
Respond to the email where we sent you the instructions with the following information:
- A screenshot or photograph showing the IMEI of your mobile phone (type *#06# on your phone to know the IMEI).
- A screenshot or photograph showing the provider ID of your Alcatel phone.
- A screenshot or photograph of the screen where you enter the unlock code that we sent you (do not enter it again).
Also, verify if your Alcatel operates under the Android operating system, is not rooted, or has been rooted in the past. If your device has modified software, it is recommended to restore it to respond correctly to our instructions, designed for success with the original operating system.
3. Where is/what is the Provider ID number?
The Provider ID number is located under the battery, on the sticker of the Alcatel phone. It is a reference specific to the terminal determined by the model of the device and the country of origin.
It has the following format: C332X-2BTLRS9
You can also find the Provider ID by entering the Settings menu of your Alcatel phone, and following the path /Regulatory and Security/Commercial reference.
4. My Alcatel is from the company T-Mobile or Metro PCS and does not ask me for the unlocking code
Check if the "Device Unlock" application is installed.
If so, you must submit the unlock request through the "Device Unlock" model at the following link by selecting the original company of the phone:
5. My Alcatel does not connect to the Internet
To connect to the Internet, you need to configure the phone for your new carrier. We explain how to do it at the following link:
If the issue persists after configuration, contact the customer service of your new carrier to confirm that your Internet service is correctly activated on your line.
6. The phone has accepted the code but does not detect the coverage of the new SIM card inserted
If the phone does not request the network unlock code again, it is already unlocked.
Access the Settings menu of your phone, enter 'Network options', and make sure that the network search is in "Automatic" mode. If it does not register on your new network, change the search mode to "Manual" and select directly the network you want to connect your phone to.
If the phone still does not have access to the network, it may be due to three reasons:
- The inserted SIM card does not work correctly in the phone you want to unlock or it does not have an active line yet. To rule out these two cases, insert a different SIM card than the one you initially tried.
- Hardware failure. We recommend that you consult a service center that works with Alcatel. They can check the status of the SIM card reader, as well as the antenna of the device, etc.
- IMEI block by the original carrier, considering that there is something pending with them. To check, you can check your Alcatel phone here. The report data is updated periodically, so some very recent changes may not yet appear in the report you receive. If it is blocked, you must contact your carrier and confirm that the IMEI of the device is not reported for debt, loss, theft, etc.
7. The phone shows the message “Network unlock code” for a few seconds and disappears from the screen
The unlock attempt counter may be exhausted or there may be a software glitch.
We recommend restoring the software to factory settings. This restoration will eliminate possible faults for which the network unlock code request disappears.
In the Settings menu, you will find the option to restore the device to factory settings.