Have you requested a Samsung Original Operator Check from doctorSIM and looking for information on how to understand the report you've received?
The Samsung Original Operator Check will tell you to which network provider your Samsung is currently locked.
Once you have that information, you can unlock your Samsung with full guarantees at doctorSIM so you can use it on any network in the world.
1. - The different sections of the report.
The report you have received is divided into the following sections:
- IMEI Number: The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) is a unique 15-17 digit number given to every GSM cell phone.
- Master Number: The IMEI number.
- Serial Number: An identification number showing the phone's position in a series during the manufacturing process.
- Un Number: Reference number for the materials used in fabrication.
- Model Info: Description of the specific model.
- Model Number: Full name of the model.
- Model Name: Abbreviated name of the model.
- Model Desc: Marketing name of the cell phone.
- Warranty Status: Manufacturer guarantee coverage status. Check with your point of sale.
- Purchase Country: Country where the cell phone was bought.
- Warranty Until: Date guarantee expires. Check with your point of sale.
- Production Date: Date of fabrication.
- Manufacturer: Production site.
- Carrier: The original operator of the Samsung and the network provider that must be selected to successfully unlock the phone.
- Sold By: Original country of purchase.
- Ship To: Shipment date.
2. - Which section tells me to which network my Samsung is locked?
The section which tells you to which network your Samsung is currently locked is “Carrier”. This is the network provider you must select to unlock the cell phone when submitting your request.
Occasionally, you will see the word 'Open' after the country name, for example, United States Open, United Kingdom Open, Canada Open etc. This means the phone is unlocked for use on any network in the continent where the country is located.
If you want to use your Samsung in a different continent and (Country) Open is indicated on your phone check, request a Samsung Regional Code.