The Device Unlock App Service is a method of phone unlocking via server rather than by inserting an unlock code which is the traditional method. This unlocking service is the only way to unlock Android phones from T-Mobile or MetroPCS in the US that have pre-installed the Device Unlock.
Follow the steps below:
- Make sure the requirements outlined further below are met.
- Select the make of your phone and then either T-Mobile or MetroPCS under Network Provider.
- Select the Device Unlock App Service and submit your request.
- doctorSIM will then process your request via the server and then send you an e-mail letting you know when you can open the Device Unlock App on your phone and finalize the unlocking.
- Restart the phone. It is now permanently unlocked!
Check your phone meets the following requirements before purchasing the service:
- The phone must be locked to either T-Mobile or MetroPCS in the US.
- The phone has the Device Unlock App pre-installed by one of the networks in the point above.
- You have access to the internet via 3G/4G network or WiFi.
- The phone's IMEI number hasn't been blacklisted by the original operator (check here).
- Neither the IMEI number nor software has been modified.
- The following messages DO NOT appear upon launching the app: "Communication Error" or "Server not responding. Please try again later."
Other posts related to Device Unlock: